Tuesday 2 June 2015

Wednesday 27th May - Pilliga Forest

Wednesday 27th May

On Wednesday we went to the Information centre. In the Information centre there was Diprotodon bones that might be fossilised. Also in the Information centre Caleb and I got an activity book each then we went to ANOTHER Information centre in that Information centre there was puzzles and colouring ins for us to do. There was also a drawer with Wombat, Rock Wallaby and Emu scats.
This is a blob of Emu scat.
Just before we left Caleb and I got a bag of activities and maps. After another big drive we stopped to have a Picnic lunch. After lunch we went for a bush walk. On the bush walk we saw some sculptures and one of Sculptures we could play in.

This is me playing in the sculpture we could play in.
After the bush walk we hoped back into the car and after another big drive we stopped at a pottery place. At the pottery place we got to play with clay I made Olaf, a flower, a bee, a cup and a sleepy lizard. After playing with clay we had dinner (for dinner we had pizza and garlic bread).
This is Olaf.
This is my flower and my bee.
This is my flower when I made it wilt and my bee. 
This is my sleepy lizard.
This is my cup.
Mum's note:
The first information centre was in Coonabarabran, and we only stopped to get advice on local things to do. The second information centre was actually the Pilliga Forest Discovery Centre. No children were tortured at either venue....
Mum's favourite sculpture.
After the Sculptures in the Scrub, Isabel and I also got to see the Sandstone Caves that form another very important site for the local Aborigines (Caleb was asleep in the car and Paul kindly stayed with him).
Sandstone caves.
The Pilliga Pottery place was amazing. Not only did we have a great time playing with clay and watching the potters, but they also make fantastic wood-oven pizza.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very creative. Bet that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pottery! We love Olaf!
    Great sleepy lizard and flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete