Thursday 28 May 2015

Sunday 24th May - The Dish

Sunday 24th May

On sunday we went to church. After church we went to the Dish. The Dish uses radio to listen to space. I learnt that an apple tree is called Isaac. I also learnt that there is a light year a light year is how far light can go in a year. At the Dish we had fun time playing with a model black hole.
This is me playing with the black hole.

This is the Dish.
Mum's note:
The apple trees at The Dish are grafted from the tree that grew at Isaac Newton's house. The original tree is thought to be the tree that dropped an apple on Newton's head.
Newton's apple trees.
We had fun imagining playing cricket in the dish of The Dish. We listened to pulsars and talked to each other at the whispering dishes.
Caleb at the whispering dishes.

1 comment:

  1. I remember going there not too long ago with my family- great place to learn!

    ReplyDelete